Choosing a New Water Heater
Things to Consider First
Before you go out and buy a new water heater, you need to look at a few variable first. You have to look at what's available first.
- Do you want to go for the more conventional approach? This is a very important question to ask yourself. Conventional water heaters offer a storage tank, which is already built in. This will come in very handy down the road.
- Do you want to go with a tankless heater? This is something that many clients wish to do. These have their benefits too. This is more of a "on-demand" type of heater. This means that when the demand is there, the hot water will be there too.
- There is a heat pump type of heater. What does this mean? Basically, the pump generates heat and water from one place to another. This is in comparison to those who generate the water directly.
- Then there is the solar water heater. This one uses the sun's natural heat and energy to generate the hot water. This is more of an economical and environmental way to approach this choice. If you are more into the environmental way of doing things, this might be the best way to go.
- One final choice to look at is the indirect water heater. This one uses the home to get the hot water. The system uses your home's heat to generate the hot water supply.
Some Other Things to Consider
- The fuel type and cost. When you are picking out your heater, consider the costs. Like it or not, the type of heater you decide to buy will impact your costs. The more the heater is used, depending on efficiency and heat, the higher your bill could go. Please take this into consideration when you invest.
- You need to look at the size. You don't need to get a really big heater, for such a small place. Take a look at where you are going to put. Look at the measurements. Write them down and take them with you.
- How efficient is your heater going to be? Think about this before you buy. Don't just pick something because you hear it's energy efficient. Inspect it for yourself. You want to get the most out of your investment, right? Do the research before you invest in any water heater.
Doing some research on a new water heater for your Orlando home? Call Shamrock Plumbing and Drain Cleaning at (407) 292-8881 today, and get the proper insight on your new water heater choice.