When Good Dishwashers Go Bad
You purchased your dishwasher a year ago and this entire time it’s worked like a charm. Dishes come out clean and sparkling, and you’ve never been more thankful to have a dishwasher. Then, one day, after dishes piled up and you loaded them in, turned it on, and left the house to run all your errands, you come back to find your dishwasher hasn’t only turned on, but it leaked water all over your kitchen floor. Now you have dirty dishes and a mess to mop up. What do you do?
Problems like these are the reason why plumbers exist. While people often think that plumbers only work on pipes or toilets, they actually work on all sorts of home appliances; and a dishwasher is one of them. In this article, you’ll learn about common problems that plumbing services can solve when it comes to your dishwasher.
Common Dishwasher Problems
- Dishes Dirty After Washing: If this sounds like a problem you’re dealing with, there are a few things you can do. First, be sure that there are no obstructions in the way of the spinning arm. If water can’t reach your dishes, then they won’t get cleaned. Second, rinse off your dishes before placing them in your dishwasher. Finally, be sure there is no debris at the bottom of your washer.
- Dishwasher Isn’t Draining: This might be one for the plumbers. Check to ensure there is no food debris at the bottom of your dishwasher and if you can’t see any obvious reason for the plug, call in a plumber.
How Can a Plumber Help?
Though you might not think of calling a plumber when you first experience issues with your dishwasher, there are many issues that a local plumber can solve.
Here are a few dishwasher plumbing problems you might want to call a plumber about.
- Excess Noise: If your dishwasher suddenly goes from humming along nicely to clunking around, there could be a number of problems. Rather than poking around yourself and possibly making the problem worse, call a plumber so they can figure out the problem the first time and fix it on the spot.
- Leaking: If your dishwasher is leaking, you could have a clogged drain or backed up pipes that won’t allow draining water. If this is the case, call a plumber so it can get fixed quickly.
- Unclean Dishes: This problem could also be caused by a clog in your drain. Call a plumber so they can give your dishwasher a thorough going-over.
An experienced plumbing contractor will inspect the unit, troubleshoot the cause of your plumbing concerns, and provide you with a long-lasting fix you can count on.
Tips for Preventing Plumbing Issues
- Run the Washer Only. Don’t load dishes in the washer, simply run the cleaning mode and allow the dishwasher to go through a few cycles.
- Clean The Screen. After every washing, be sure to clean the screen at the bottom of your dishwasher. If excess food has settled into the screen, it won’t clean your dishes as well.
- Evenly Load Dishes. As you use your dishwasher, don’t put too many dishes in and overburden your unit. The harder it has to work, the more likely you are to encounter problems down the road.
Fast, Experienced Plumbing Professionals
Shamrock Plumbing has been serving the Orlando, FL area since 2003. They are a full-service plumbing business and offer every service possible to keep your home working properly. They are proud to offer award-winning customer service, affordable rates, and no night or weekend overtime rates.
Distribution Links +